E-learning - Course of Noetics
The present status and the level of philosophical thinking essentially depend on how the question of the truth is or is not dealt with. The offered course of noetics develops the critical problem in twenty four lectures.
- The first three lectures bring about the noetic problem by looking at scientific tools of philosophy. The fourth lecture shows the more or less negativistic ideas of contemporary philosophers about human thinking.
- The following three lectures revive methodical complications, which accumulate around a problem, in which the verification of values of thinking are searched, while they are exactly these values that are at the same time also inevitably used in the seeking itself.
- Another five lectures contain positive noetic solutions along with apodidactic conclusion. The proof of the truth is being realized by refuting the particular antitheses. Its formal logical value is than proven by solving the standard objections of metalanguage, of the circle and of regression.
- The following four lectures firstly include a critique of classical dogmatism by using evidence. Afterwards, they develop the problem of the truth by explaining the ways of its realization in human thinking. Finally, the lectures identify objectivity in general as a condition for the realization of the truth. This prepares the grounds for critique of dominant gnoseologic theories of the modern age.
- The final eight lectures are dedicated to gradual critique of the founders of modern gnoseology (Descartes, Lock, Hume, Kant) and the whole modern evolution of problems of the truth from the nineteenth century to present time (agnosticism, scientism, different variants of positivism, transcendentalism, fideism, existentialism, fallibilism, postmodern relativism). These critical analyses reveal profound sources of contemporary crises of philosophical thinking and explain their viability.